Tuesday 17 June 2014

Make Birthday Cards for Isolated Seniors

This past Christmas, I came across this Facebook page, Seniors Secret Service, where they provide Christmas cheer for isolated and lonely seniors in our area. I missed the deadline by just a few days to send in a Christmas care package for one of their seniors; however, I kept the page in mind for this coming holiday season. When I was compiling our list of random acts of kindness, this organization came back into my mind. When I checked out their website again, I noticed that it isn't just for the holidays but for the birthdays of the seniors too that they bring some cheer. So we decided to make a handful of birthday cards to send out. The boys love their grandparents, and Bug especially was sad to hear that there are lonely "grandparents" in our city. He loved making them cards!
I contacted the organization, and they said they are always in need of the items they pack in their birthday packages. We weren't able to grab any this time; however, we will continue to provide for this great cause so our next batch will include some of these items. They just depleted a large portion of their stock in their last batch of 400 birthday packages, so on their Facebook page they have requested some donations and more birthday cards. I've created an event on Facebook, Senior Birthday Packages for any who would like to bring some love and joy to our seniors. If you have little ones at home, and don't have the time to make cards, feel free to send me some of their artwork that I can make into cards. Contact me for my mailing address at plantakissproject@gmail.com. Also, if you'd like to send cards or items yourself, the address can be found on their Facebook page under the "About" section. They are having another Birthday Bee August 2nd, where their volunteers put together the birthday packages, so any help in donations and cards before that date would be greatly appreciated!

You can find out more information, especially of their Senior Secret Santa program by viewing their website.


Remember to check out our Website: Plant a Kiss Project
Or our Instagram: @plantakissproject
Or our Facebook Page: Plant a Kiss Project
And any random acts of kindness that is inspired by our project or your experience with ours that you'd like to share, type #plantakiss with your social media picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment